Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

scenes from around the house and other thoughts

  • Made this cake again last night, as we had friends, Scott & Katie, in town from California. I like it better with my own version of frosting, which I'll post later. We had so much fun catching up with the Chandlers. Of course we filled out our brackets (although I still haven't picked the winner for mine) and we played a lot of sports games of our own invention. Come back soon, Scott & Katie!
  • I may have had cake for breakfast. I've been working out more lately -- but I don't think it makes much of dent when I'm eating chocolate cake for breakfast?
  • Woke up early this morning to go work on pottery with my friend Sheila. It is sooooo much fun. Definitely worth the sleep deprivation. Can't wait to show the finished product.

  • After all of the aftermath we've been seeing in Japan, it was good motivation for us to update our 72 hour kits. We spent FHE going through them and making sure they were stocked. We each put 24 water bottles in ours since we will be sharing with our children and they are H.E.A.V.Y. They're not too bad once they are on your back, but hefting them around the house they felt like a million pounds. Its nice knowing they are complete though. Any suggestions of additional items to put in them?


  • Have been working on lots of sewing projects. Next month I have a very exciting girls extravaganza planned. I am heading with some close friends to LA to go fabric shopping (yes our husbands think we are somewhat pathetic), so I have a goal to finish all of my "in progress" projects before we leave. Not quite sure I'll get there, but its been good motivation to work at it. Hopefully I'll post them as I finish them.
  • Discovered a new favorite "scrubbing my kitchen floor song," of course its India Arie. If you haven't heard "There's Hope" yet, check it out -- it may make you want to scrub your kitchen floor. Let me tell you how awesome I look as I pop and lock my shoulders and bop my head while I'm scrubbing up all the cherrios.

1 comments:

Katie C. said...

That cake was amazing! Thank you for posting the recipe. And of course I love the quilt!